Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Billeting

Tomorrow a group of band and choir students from Vancouver is arriving here. Members of the high-school band that I belong to will be billeting two or three students for a few days while they are on tour. I find it strange that a band would want to come to such an out-of-the-way place as Camrose for their tour, but I am excited none the less. Anne and I have been frantically cleaning our room, as the two girls we are billeting will be using it. This means that Anne and I will sleep on the big spare bed out in the play room, but it's a small sacrifice.

My friend, Taylor, is writing a story during her communication technology class. She tells me that she always finishes her assignments days before the due-date, and then uses her class time to write. This particular story is about a thief with a superiority complex. She thinks she knows what she is doing, but is cleverly manipulated by a criminal organization the entire length of the story. They have it in for her, and keep giving her silly assignments that, when completed, will ensure her safety. Her latest mission included stealing a single earring (of little worth). I really couldn't tell you why. Maybe I'll ask Taylor.

I've finally reached that satisfying point where about half of my seedlings have sprouted. Now that I think about it, I don't know if I planted enough cosmos...

I just finished the eighth (and final!) module of my "general psychology" course. I've been taking it through an independent learning program at the high-school. Basically, you can take as many courses as you want through independent learning. They just give you a stack of modules, and when you are finished them you write an exam. I'll write my psychology exam next week, which means that the block I have set aside every other day can be used for homework and studying.

Kate tells me that I should write about her anxiety problems. She is anxious to have a turn using the computer, so I guess I had better find something else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment