Monday, April 12, 2010

Custom Order!

This is extremely exciting! I've received my very first custom order on Etsy! A woman who is a history professor has asked me to make some historical costumes for Barbies. She wants to make a little film to show her classes, just for fun. I am sooooo excited to start experimenting! If I had to choose my favorite thing about sewing, it would have to be the thrill and danger of building, testing, and revising my own patterns. Not everything is successful, but that usually doesn't bother me.

Anne and I finished planting seeds last night, so now I just have to find some patience. I managed to pilfer one of those fancy growing light light bulbs that provides light in the spectrums that plants need from mom. I put it in a decrepit old lamp, and it has been nestled up with my seedlings since I got home from school. The seedlings all lean towards the light, so I've been amusing myself by turning the tray every hour or so. It certainly doesn't take them very long to realize the change and reorient themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment