Friday, April 9, 2010

How not to Bake a Cake...

Well, yesterday after school I decided that I would bake a chocolate cake. You have to understand that this is a very rare occurrence for me, as, like most other people my age, I hardly ever set foot in the kitchen except to eat. My lack of experience doesn't help any either. I was craving cake though, so I pulled out one of mom's recipe books and found my favorite recipe. You have no idea just how good this chocolate cake is. Its gooey and sticky and almost black, so moist that "melt-in-your-mouth" doesn't even begin to do it justice. I had that cake batter whipped up in less than half an hour, an amazing feat for me as I am ridiculously slow when in the kitchen. The only problem was that I left the timer (set for the appropriate 35 minutes) on the kitchen counter and then headed down-stairs. An hour later, I finally remembered the cake. The edges were absolutely toasted, but the center just had a slightly burnt taste. My family didn't seem to mind though, and almost a third of it has been eaten. Thank goodness for little sisters. In the end, I decided that baking wasn't so bad, and I may even try it again in the near future.

I am also in the midst of finishing several Barbie dresses for my Etsy shop. I haven't posted anything in five days now, so its about time.

Anne (one of my sisters) is bringing a friend home to stay overnight. Tomorrow, the three of us girls and another friend will be running off to see "How to Train Your Dragon". I am actually quite anticipatory, as I absolutely love cartoon movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment